May 20, 2009

10 Questions with Charlie Price

If you don't know Charlie Price, well then you should. He is an amazing artist and hairdresser. I'm lucky enough to have him as my friend, mentor and boss. I sat down with Charlie and here are my 10 questions to him:

1. How long have you been behind the chair?

CP: 21 yrs

2. Besides your boyfriend, what's one thing you can't live without?

CP: My family of course

3. What is you favorite style to cut?

CP: Shag

4. Most people think you just style hair, but I know you do it all-so what is your signature cut and color?

CP: cut is a high fashion crop w/long bangs on a man or woman and color is a light golden blonde

5. You were nominated for a NAHA (North American Hairstyling Awards) again this year-what number nomination is this for you?

CP: 10th nomination(editors note: he's had 7 nominations in the last 3 years!)

6.This year's collection is stunning-how did you come up with it?

CP: I wanted to do precision cuts because that is something people would never expect me to do. I also loved the color story, it was scale from black to white.

7. Where do you draw your inspiration for your collections?

CP: High fashion and music-I always have some sort of sound track running in my head during shoot. I always come up with an entire story.

8. Do you really hate Dee as much as it appeared on Shear Genius?

CP: No, I don't hate Dee at all we are just from different planets.

9. Are you still friends with anyone from Shear Genius?

CP: Yes, Daniel, Meridith, Nekisa and Glen. I talk to them all the time

10. What's you poison?

CP: Club soda-dryin out right now

Tweet Me from Hair Girl in Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment