March 6, 2009

Flat-aholic

We have a huge addiction problem in this country. How many of you are a flatiron-aholic? I think it's time we step away from the flatiron and embrace our natural texture. Now, I'm not saying you have to put the flatiron away for good. I'm just saying that you should wear it as a look - not daily. Do you wear a smokey eye every day? No you don’t (unless you are Pamela Anderson). I know you've gotten used to how your hair looks and feels when you flatiron it, but my dear friends you are doing it at the expense of you hair. How many of you are burning off the front of your hair? I know you are because I see it all the time. You burn off the front and then complain to your stylist that its frizzy in the front so you must flatiron it . It’s a vicious circle and we are just going to keep going around and around until you stop using the flatiron everyday. Oh and there is nothing you can do to fix burned hair, except cut it off. My challenge to all your flatiron-aholics out there is to only flatiron your hair two times a week. Then we will take it from there.

Tweet Me from Hair Girl in Denver

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. I have cut back to flat ironing 2x/week... admittedly, I tend to wear up-dos if I don't flat iron but still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to step away from mine a little over a year ago. I still do it every now and then, but I think my hair is all the happier for it!

    ReplyDelete